Tuesday, February 8, 2011

...God speaks to us today


Is that such a strange idea? I mean The God of the Old Testament spoke to the people, and he said that He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, so why would he stop communicating with humanity? Maybe it's because I grew up believing in current revelation, but I've never had trouble accepting that God can talk to us today.

When I read 3 Nephi 19 and 20 it is an account of Christ teaching and talking to the people of the Americas. I wondered when I read the two chapters, does He cater to who He is talking to? In other words, He used analogies which the people of that time would understand (farming analogies, etc.) and that led me to wonder if He were to talk to our society today, would He cater the speech to things we're familiar with?

As I have felt His gentle guidance in my life, prayed for help and answers to questions, I have always understood the answer, as He talks to me how I understand best. Sometimes it's thoughts/ideas and other times it's simply a feeling which honestly, words can't describe. So, though I can't give the specific dialogue, I would guess that Christ would speak in such a way that all would understand. His words are not catered to a group, but to the individual. His concern is not with mass quantity, but rather individual quality.

The importance of One

No comments:

Post a Comment