Friday, February 4, 2011

...how to treat others


If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make the change.

Lately, life has been dramatic. I loathe drama, like a lot. So this morning, in my usual scripture study spot, I sat down and was ready for some guidance.
3 Nephi 14:1-5 -- highlights
  • "Judge not, that ye be not judged"
  • "With what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged"
  • "Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
  • "First cast the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."
The lesson I learned was short and sweet: before I critique someone's behavior, take a good hard look at mine and see if I did anything to cause the reaction I'm struggling with. Not the most pleasant lesson, but humility and self-evaluation never is that pleasant. I learned, change starts with self.

No comments:

Post a Comment